Sunday, April 29, 2012

Journey to Chaos: A Mage's Power. Chapter 5 preview

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3008794/5/Journey_To_Chaos_part_1_A_Mages_Power

I had a lot of fun with this chapter. I looked forward to designing the guild and introducing its eccentric members. "A naive newcomer is introduced to their weird teammates and is subjected to comedic hijinks" is one of my favorite plot points. Their colorful and chaotic nature will be a plot point later in the series and more than one Chekhov's Gun is introduced.

More importantly, this is the chapter where Eric officially becomes a mercenary. This job will drive the rest of the plot and remain a guiding element in Eric's mind for the rest of the series.  Its also where he meets his teammates. They will become main characters from this chapter forward. I had rough ideas for their characters starting out and now I know them very well. Still, I'm surprised at the influence they came to have on the plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment