Thursday, July 5, 2012

1,000 pageviews

This is incredible. I was tinkering with the blog's layout when I saw the counter: 1,000. I thought 'no way', but it was there. My first thought was to tweet about that. That should tell you how involved I've become with social media.

I made this blog originally because a neighbor of mine recommended it to talk about my book: Journey to Chaos book 1: A Mage's Power. Back then it was still called "Trickster Help Service". I didn't think much of it at the time but I set it up and wrote an introductory post. Then I forgot I had a blog for months. That's why there's a gap between "What I'm About" and "Shame and Pride".

  My negligence of  Facebook and Twitter was just as bad; I signed up on the former at my mom's request (to see the picture she sends the rest of our family) and I didn't even know how twitter worked. I barely gave a thought to them and instead focused on writing my books. Then I finished.

It was one of those 'what do I do now' moments. I had no idea what to do with the book now that it was finished. Well, to be honest, it was more like 2 and two half books but the first had been revised half a dozen times and was getting to that point that further revision could be called 'procrastinating'. So I became more serious with social media, especially twitter. Now I have a better idea of what I'm doing, and hopefully, more people interested in "A Mage's Power".

No comments:

Post a Comment