Friday, July 8, 2016

A Mage's Power print version update

This right here is the real deal.
 
If I didn't know any better, I'd think I brought it home from some book store. I skimmed through it several times to check for errors but it all looks good. The margins are stable, the headings consistent, the words fit on the page, and the map at the start is not blurry.  This is really cool.

The ebook version has been out for a while (3.5 years to be more exact) but holding the physical copy in my hands is a different experience. It feels more real; more official. The first time I was too overcome with just how amazing this is to properly look for errors. Ebooks are great when it comes to being economical or convenient but they can never have the charm of a physical book. I've decided to put this one on the shelf across from my desk so I can stare at it while I write future books.
 
 
All that remains is to make the final decisions on cover finish, list price etc. and then click the "approve" button. I don't know how long it will take between then and the paperback option appearing on Amazon but it could be as soon as next week!
 
Brian Wilkerson is a freelance book reviewer, writing advice blogger and independent novelist. He studied at the University of Minnesota and came away with bachelor degrees in English Literature and History (Classical Mediterranean Period concentration).

No comments:

Post a Comment