Thursday, March 5, 2020

If It's For My Daughter I'd Even Fight a Demon Lord volume 2 (read for fun)

If It's For My Daughter I'd Even Fight a Demon Lord (volume 2)

I found this book at the local library. I liked the idea of the two leads being a guy and his daughter instead of love interests. It's a different sort of appeal, so I checked it out.
This review is for the manga version of volume 2. There is a light-novel version but I found the manga version.

It is cute. The artwork is cute, the events are cute and the relationship between the two leads is cute.
On one side, we have the doting-parent Dale who gushes about how adorable, sweet, and talented his daughter is, and on the other side we have the happily-adopted Latina, who cheerfully hugs him and loves doing nice things for him. One thing I thought was odd, though, is that while Dale refers to Latina as his daughter, she never refers to him as "my dad" or "father". Since I haven't read the first volume, perhaps I missed where that is established. Latina is of the demon race so maybe it has to do with the demon culture of this particular verse.

This volume includes several small events that do not appear connected, to me at least. These are Dale being away on a royal mission, Latina playing with other children, Dale teaching Latina beginner magic, discussions of food for a hot day, and why so many adventurers are suddenly so interested in the "lost cat" mission. I guess this is a slice-of-life series.

If you are interested in Sweet-Dreams-Fuel, then this is a good series to find some. There isn't much else to recommend it. All the events revolve around Latina and her activities so it is definitely a "cute girl doing cute things" sort of story. It is also rather short. I finished it in less than two hours.

Trickster Eric Novels gives
"If It's For My Daughter I'd Even Fight a Demon Lord volume 2" manga version a C+

Click here for my next book review: Hungry for you - Endo Yashuko Stalks the Night volume 2

Click here for my previous book review: Sword Art Online Progressive volume 1

Brian Wilkerson is a independent novelist, freelance book reviewer, and writing advice blogger. He studied at the University of Minnesota and came away with bachelor degrees in English Literature and History (Classical Mediterranean Period concentration). His fantasy series, Journey to Chaos, is currently available on Amazon as an ebook or paperback.

No comments:

Post a Comment