Sunday, June 27, 2021

News from my Journey to Chaos! (June 2021)

 Hello Fans and the general Internet,

I felt it was necessary to make a general update on the progress of my upcoming novels. Part of this is because it has been several years since I have published something. Another part is because there is a lot of stuff to cover. The third part is because I have published nothing here, on this blog, except for book reviews for quite some time, and that was annoying me. 

So! Update. 

Number 1

The fifth book of the Journey to Chaos series is currently titled "The Highest Power". I am poised to start the fifth draft soon, probably in July or August at the latest. I basically rewrote the story in the fourth draft. I had to rewrite it three times in order to get a result that I liked. Because I made so many changes, I will most likely get a beta reader after I read through the fifth draft. After I receive feedback, I will start the sixth draft. Assuming that draft goes well, I can go into more technical polishing and then send it to my editor for the pre-publishing process. It may or may not be published this year. You will know when I get close because A.) I will tell you here or somewhere and B.) I'm planning on doing a bigger advertising push than I did for "Transcending Limitations". 

Number 2

What will definitely get published this year is a much shorter work,  a prequel to Journey to Chaos. It is a collection of short stories focusing on Journey to Chaos major characters: Nolien, Tiza, Basilard, Annala and Kallen. What were they up to before Eric arrived on Tariatla? These stories are the answer to that question. 

I have finished the second draft. It is about 50 pages right now. I will have someone beta-read it, and then begin the third draft. After that, assuming all goes well, I can begin the pre-publishing process. Hopefully, it will be enough to tide over Journey to Chaos fans while I finish the final book in that series. 

Number 3

Finally, the first book in my new series. I have not named it yet. Rather, I don't want to reveal the name yet. I think it is a superstitious thing. Anyway, I am working on the second draft (counting from draft zero) right now. If I do not finish this draft sometime in the next month then I will take a break from it to continue working on the final two Journey to Chaos projects. 

This is a more long-term project. After I finish the current draft, I will let it lay fallow for a bit and work on something else. Then, after I finish the third draft (counting from draft zero), I will send it out for beta reading. Somewhere in this process, I will announce what I will call this new series and this book in particular. 

Thank you for your patience. I endeavor to craft stories worthy of it. 

Brian Wilkerson is a independent novelist, freelance book reviewer, and writing advice blogger. He studied at the University of Minnesota and came away with bachelor degrees in English Literature and History (Classical Mediterranean Period concentration).

His fantasy series, Journey to Chaos, is currently available on Amazon as an ebook or paperback.

No comments:

Post a Comment