Friday, July 3, 2015

Status Report for Journey to Chaos book 3: Mana Mutation Menace

This is a more extensive writing update then what I put on facebook, twitter or google +. I'm going to use this time to talk about the progression of Journey to Chaos book 3: Mana Mutation Menance as well Journey to Chaos book 4 which hasn't been named yet.
 
Two out of three beta readers have finished their critique and feedback for Mana Muation Menace. The third is having some real life problems so I don't know when or if I'll receive anything formal. She has provided useful feedback so if it would be too much to do more, what she sent already will be enough.

After that, it will be time for a book long rewrite. After putting a couple months distance between myself and the manuscript and recieivng feedback I will be ready to spot plot weaknesses and areas of improvement. That will take a month or so depending on how much change is needed. Then I'll pass it on to my editor and that will take another month or so.  An early release date would be sometime in August.

 
As for Journey to Chaos book 4, I'm writing ch 13 as of this post. This is the first draft so it will be awhile before the beta readers see it, much less everyone else.  I will have to re-read it, revise it, take a break to write book 5, and then go back for a second revision. After that, I may feel comfortable sending it to beta readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment